2007 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Rough Running Motor/Lack of Power Due to Coil Pack/Ignition Module Failure
- Flush Brake Fluid Every Two Years
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- The car went on fire, front part damaged, engine looks ok . It is a 5981 engine ( 612 HP) . Please advise if I can take electric installation/ senzors/ air pillow from an S65 AMG which has the engine smaller : 285 KW ( 387 HP). Does it fit? THANK YOU
- Can I replace fire-damaged electric with electric from S 350?
- My mercedes benz S65AMG jerks and makes a funny noise like a motor cycle.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2007 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Problems
Due to the size and material used on the brakes of these vehicles, the brakes may start to squeak around the 50 percent wear point. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge of the rotor. Because of this, the rotors are usually replaced when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Engine misfires (rough running) and lack of power are commonly caused by ignition coil pack or ignition module faults. Proper diagnoses should isolate the cause and prevent unnecessary replacement of good parts.
2007 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Questions
The car went on fire on compresor part , front part damaged, electric part is damaged+ senzors + hood + all under the hood except for engine which looks ok...It has not been taken out to see exact damage. If I buy a second hand S350 can I use most what is under the hood to transfer it to the burn...
It makes a funny noise like its misfiring. I replaced the coil, spark plugs, catalytic converters/exhaust system, gearbox, fuel tank unit but nothing has changed. What can I do? Mercedes garage are failing to identify the fault.
2007 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Recalls
One or both front suspension ball joints may fail. Vehicles with significant mileage are more prone to this type of failure. Dealers will inspect and replace the ball joints as necessary. The recall is scheduled to begin during February 2009.
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
2007 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Reviews
I liked the power but the motor kept consuming oil to fast