2006 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Rough Running Motor/Lack of Power Due to Coil Pack/Ignition Module Failure
- Flush Brake Fluid Every Two Years
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2006 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Problems
Due to the size and material used on the brakes of these vehicles, the brakes may start to squeak around the 50 percent wear point. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge of the rotor. Because of this, the rotors are usually replaced when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Engine misfires (rough running) and lack of power are commonly caused by ignition coil pack or ignition module faults. Proper diagnoses should isolate the cause and prevent unnecessary replacement of good parts.
2006 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Questions
Car only has 29K miles and Mercedes is telling me this fix this sensor is $1,300! Isn't there some type of federal mandate on this since it is related to the restraint system?
I called the parts store and they have two types. AW32 and AW46. Which do you recommend?
2006 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Reviews
Best 5 seater sedan ABC sport is the best suspension setting! Pilot Tyres wear - that's only issue with offset camber.