2009 Mercedes-Benz S600 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Mercedes-Benz S600
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Mercedes-Benz S600 Problems
The active body control system can leak fluid from numerous areas, including the tandem pump, hydraulic lines, struts, and/or seals. If it is not repaired, the vehicle ride height could drop too low and cause damage to the undercarriage.
Engine misfires (rough running) and lack of power are commonly caused by ignition coil pack or ignition module faults. Proper diagnoses should isolate the cause and prevent unnecessary replacement of good parts.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
2009 Mercedes-Benz S600 Recalls
During production, on fifty-four Mercedes S-Class models, the front and rear door locks may have been mistakenly interchanged. This means that a rear passenger could open the rear door with a simple pull of the interior door handle, and the front passenger could not open by pulling on the interior handle. This situation could affect the safe exiting of the vehicle in a crash or protection against the accidental opening of the rear door by a child. Dealers will inspect the part numbers on all door locks and replace any that are incorrect. The recall began on March 27, 2009. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2009030001.