1996 Mercedes-Benz S600 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz S600
- Rough Running Motor/Lack of Power Due to Coil Pack/Ignition Module Failure
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Flush Brake Fluid Every Two Years
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
1996 Mercedes-Benz S600 Problems
Engine misfires (rough running) and lack of power are commonly caused by ignition coil pack or ignition module faults. Proper diagnoses should isolate the cause and prevent unnecessary replacement of good parts.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
As brake fluid becomes dirty over time, it can cause a failure of the anti-lock brake system (ABS) modulator assembly. Our technicians recommend a complete brake system flush every two years to help prevent this issue.
1996 Mercedes-Benz S600 Questions
The Drivers door can only be open or closed with the key, all other doors work fine. Also the remote Trunk opener does not work but can be open if the car is unlocked. The problem is permanent but happen just recently.
I am pretty handy and have done a lot work on this car. Just need the right g...
1996 Mercedes-Benz S600 Recalls
1996 Mercedes-Benz S600 Reviews
I have 1996 Mercedes Benz S600, 4 door sedan model. The A/C compressor died at 45,000 miles, cost for the unit is $3000.00 excluding labor charge. The battery died at 40,000 miles. The interior are full of plastic. The passenger visor hinge which contained a mirror broke and every time the car went through potholes it rattle and made a lot of noise. The electronic fuel gas gauge got stuck and s...