2012 Mercedes-Benz S550 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Mercedes-Benz S550
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2012 Mercedes-Benz S550 Problems
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
2012 Mercedes-Benz S550 Questions
How do you re set the service light after a 20,000 mile service oil change?
How much does it cost to repair airbags
2012 Mercedes-Benz S550 Recalls
Due to a manufacturing defect, a crack can develop on the fuel filter when the vehicle is operated in high temperatures. This crack can result in a fuel leak, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel filter to correct this concern.
2012 Mercedes-Benz S550 Reviews
My first Mercedes. a 2012 S550. cars pulls bad to the right. Thought is would be a tire or alignment problem. Was told they all did that, and there was no adjustment to correct it. I did search the internet and found out Mercedes does make a factory repair kit called a caster bolt kits that does allow the caster adjustment. It was installed on my car and did help some, but had to replace both f...
I bought my 2012 S550 on Oct 2012 and noticed the car was pulling to the right while driving on a flat road. I took the car to dealership to fix this alignment problem three times and the problem was not completely fixed. Last time when I brought the car back to dealership, the shop foreman told me that all S550s have the same problem that pull to the right. He even let me test drive another ne...
500 miles into the new benz and now the engine light comes on -__- i thought european cars were good