2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550
- AC Freeze up. On road trips with outside temp at 90+
- S550 runs rough when cold and engine sounds like boat car runs normal when warm
- Air conditioner stay completely off for hours,then goes back on,help?
- My CAR SHUTS COMPLETELY DOWN WHEN I TURN IT OFF
- Where do I go to change my car's engine oil besides the dealership/
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 Problems
The HVAC blower motor may fail. This is commonly caused by water entry through the cabin air filter areas during heavy rain or snow. Failed blower motors should be replaced. Our technicians tell us there is no special fix for this issue at this time.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 Questions
Seems that the AC will freeze up on a road trip after 3 to 4 hours drive time. Shut it off, defrosts itself and good to go again for a while. Local Mercedes dealer's service department has "never had that problem before". Where have you heard that before?
I can be driving and all of a sudden air is completely off with no sound at all,then it will go back on every so often.Could it eve the blower?,or a bad circuit,help,lol
Seems like Computer has to reset itself everytime i restart the car. Car drops down all resets are lost, interior light dont stay on etc. and check engine light is on had it check the code had something to do with battery but I bought a new one still does same thing
2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 Recalls
One or both front suspension ball joints may fail. Vehicles with significant mileage are more prone to this type of failure. Dealers will inspect and replace the ball joints as necessary. The recall is scheduled to begin during February 2009.
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 Reviews
I found the information RepairPal provided in the common problems section to be helpful and very timely. The common problems around the drivetrain is what I was experiencing and I've been given an estimate of approximately 9k to replace transmission and many other items. Please know an independent certified MB technician found this problem NOT the MB dealership!!! I ask how can a transmissio...
My 2007 S550 has been nothing but a money pit! I just had to pay $7,000 for a new transmission and it still feels like it's going to stop when it's idling. I have put in well over $25,000 in repairs.
I really enjoy my 2007 s550 Benz.I have only had it for three months,but I dont sdrive it everyday only three times a week.I really hope people understand this isnt the kind of vehical u drive everyday.