2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Problems
The active body control system can leak fluid from numerous areas, including the tandem pump, hydraulic lines, struts, and/or seals. If it is not repaired, the vehicle ride height could drop too low and cause damage to the undercarriage.
The center console armrest can break. Replacement is commonly the recommended repair.
The door for the vanity mirror (or the frame for the door) can break; due to a redesign, the mirror "cassette" will need replacement.
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Questions
I know that all of these issues cannot have happened simultaneously. What could it be? A bad speed sensor, a dirty TCM?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
to low don't drive. It rights itself when I begin to move ?
I need to know - what may cause the lights (including the interior cabin light & cluster lights) to flicker very slightly when the enigine is running or ideling. When both the front seat massage (pulse) are turned on than the seat massage operates for a very short while.I am guessing that all...
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
The hose may corrode due to extensive exposure to humidity. This may cause fluid leakage onto the catalytic converter. This would present a fire hazard. Dealers will a new high pressure distrution hose.
The instrument cluster illumination may fail. This may result in difficulty reading the gauges, indicators, and speedometer. Not being able to see the cluster may lead to an accident. Dealers will replace the instrument cluster modules. This recall started on September 29, 2006.