2002 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG
- I got a message that says entrance position do not drive. What does this mean?
- Locked in park
- how can I make this car faster with out spending a lot of money it is a stock
- I have a red light that comes on by my reading lamps in front.It flickers
- Why does the right side of my car drop low when in park and when its started it
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Problems
The active body control system can leak fluid from numerous areas, including the tandem pump, hydraulic lines, struts, and/or seals. If it is not repaired, the vehicle ride height could drop too low and cause damage to the undercarriage.
The center console armrest can break. Replacement is commonly the recommended repair.
The door for the vanity mirror (or the frame for the door) can break; due to a redesign, the mirror "cassette" will need replacement.
2002 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Questions
it is a 2002 s55 stock with 160,000 miles
It flickers on and off at random times
When my car is in park the right side only drops low but it rises back after either i move the car or hit the button on the center of the dash that is a pic of a car with an upward arrow. Why is this?
2002 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Recalls
The hose may corrode due to extensive exposure to humidity. This may cause fluid leakage onto the catalytic converter. This would present a fire hazard. Dealers will a new high pressure distrution hose.
The instrument cluster illumination may fail. This may result in difficulty reading the gauges, indicators, and speedometer. Not being able to see the cluster may lead to an accident. Dealers will replace the instrument cluster modules. This recall started on September 29, 2006.
2002 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG Reviews
bought this crap almost five years ago with only 29,000 miles on it. a few weeks later the ABC light came on .luckily it had been a recall issue.They claim it was repaired . a few weeks later ABC lights on again and hydraulic fluid leaking everywhere. Took back to dealer and was told now that the struts were shot and leaking at the tune of $3500 dollars. I was lucky enough to find a new one at ...
This has to be the worse car ever made. I have own this car since 2004. I have taken this car in for repairs to the tune of almost $45 k. 35k which was covered by warranty. I was told by the dealership that they hated to see it coming. No one wanted to work on it because they could never seem to fix all the issues. The gear was stuck the first time, the ABC suspension is a constant issue, they ...
I will never by a Mercedes Benz again. This car is a nightmare! It has one problem after the other! Can't wait to get rid of it! The ABC System is horrific! Never again! Moving on!