2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz S500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 Problems
The door for the vanity mirror (or the frame for the door) can break; due to a redesign, the mirror "cassette" will need replacement.
CD changers, command units, voice control units, PSE units, and Tele Aid units are prone to failure, especially in early models.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 Questions
An error message came on, something about needing to format something.
Have imported it from another country and the comand controls the clock by GPS. So would like to adjust the clock to my time zone. I can't use the Navi.
Regular oil & Filter change