1994 Mercedes-Benz S500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mercedes-Benz S500
- Why does theVacuum assist work on one but not all the doors..trunk works
- Procedure for replacing the rear wheel bearings.
- The other day I had a hesitation in gear change
- Starting my 1994 s500, Oil pressure is at 3 bars and engine sounds fine.
- heater will not get hot nor will my remote unlock the doors now.
1994 Mercedes-Benz S500 Problems
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
1994 Mercedes-Benz S500 Questions
Problem began after a leaky transmission seal was replaced.. Tech admitted that a vacuum line was
Detached but replaced without apparent damage
Happens mainly when moving in reverse, slightly going forward. Creeping along. Get's louder on rt turns. No codes.
How do you get the back bolts off power steering pump for removal?