2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 4MATIC
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 4MATIC Problems
The door for the vanity mirror (or the frame for the door) can break; due to a redesign, the mirror "cassette" will need replacement.
Front thrust arm and control arm bushings can crack and sometimes tear completely. If this is not repaired quickly, damage to the front subframe unit will occur, which is very expensive to repair. Updated control arms (that prevent damage to the subframe when the bushings wear out) are available.
The center console armrest can break. Replacement is commonly the recommended repair.
2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 4MATIC Questions
It takes a few attempts to start on occasion. The battery and alternator are good. Most times it starts and runs fine. Also, the car once died while waiting for a stop light. Then it started fine right after that. Could it be the grounding cable or some other connection? Suggestions on potential ...
all my electrical is going haywire and screen flashing display not good. lights,door locks, ignition,
it is a4matic s 500 automatic and i see no warrning on the instrument and only tyre pressurer monitor indicats and indicator light is on i need un idea