2006 Mercedes-Benz S430 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz S430
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2006 Mercedes-Benz S430 Problems
The relay which turns the airmatic suspension pump on may fail causing the pump to run continuously. This can result in failure of the pump motor or a dead battery as the pump motor will continue to run after the car is turned off. Also, Worn airmatic pump mount bushings can causes noises in the front axle while driving on bumpy roads or a buzzing noise while the pump is running.
CD changers, command units, voice control units, PSE units, and Tele Aid units are prone to failure, especially in early models.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
2006 Mercedes-Benz S430 Questions
Is the TCU located under the car in transmission area?
I was charged 636.00 for an A service. I was not over on the mileage. My car had another 400 miles before service was needed. I'm afraid to go back for the B service. How much should I be paying for the B service regular ? I have not reached 50,000 miles yet.
My car sound like a motor cycle when I am driving along at speed of about 40 miles. It don't want to change gear until I stop and trun off the car and start it again. This is just sometime. It only happen three times. Am I having transmission problems?
2006 Mercedes-Benz S430 Reviews
I love my S430. I think the body styling as well as the sleek interior cannot be duplicated. It looks, both inside and out, more elegant than the new, more aggressive S series. It ages well, and with proper service and maintenance, it can be a dream to drive.
Its a great car!