2006 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC
- Airmatic Pump Motors May Fail Due to Sticking Relays
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Front Thrust Arm and Control Arm Bushing Can Crack or Tear
- Buttons on temperature control assemblies work erratically due to wear of parts in control head
2006 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Problems
The relay which turns the airmatic suspension pump on may fail causing the pump to run continuously. This can result in failure of the pump motor or a dead battery as the pump motor will continue to run after the car is turned off. Also, Worn airmatic pump mount bushings can causes noises in the front axle while driving on bumpy roads or a buzzing noise while the pump is running.
High mileage or older vehicles commonly develop leaks from the differential seals and/or cover. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit whenever these leaks are repaired.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.