2005 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC
- Airmatic Pump Motors May Fail Due to Sticking Relays
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Front Thrust Arm and Control Arm Bushing Can Crack or Tear
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Why does the car stall and then start right up again. no comp. code.
- What would be the cause of a slight noise like a fan hitting radiator blades
- I go up a hill from stop and turn the wheel I get a noise
- I have a slight howl that sounds like low fluid on my car what could that be
- I sometimes get a message to reduce oil. What causes that? I got the oil changed
2005 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Problems
The relay which turns the airmatic suspension pump on may fail causing the pump to run continuously. This can result in failure of the pump motor or a dead battery as the pump motor will continue to run after the car is turned off. Also, Worn airmatic pump mount bushings can causes noises in the front axle while driving on bumpy roads or a buzzing noise while the pump is running.
High mileage or older vehicles commonly develop leaks from the differential seals and/or cover. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit whenever these leaks are repaired.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
2005 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Questions
When I start up a hill it is worse than otherwise but it is there when I take off
When I start it up it is louder than it is after running it for a while
2005 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Reviews
This is my second benz and it is an all around driving machine. On long or short trips it is super to drive. Only thing is the dealerships really charge a lot for maintenance.