2005 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Front Thrust Arm and Control Arm Bushing Can Crack or Tear
- Airmatic Pump Motors May Fail Due to Sticking Relays
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Why does the car stall and then start right up again. no comp. code.
- What would be the cause of a slight noise like a fan hitting radiator blades
- I go up a hill from stop and turn the wheel I get a noise
- I have a slight howl that sounds like low fluid on my car what could that be
- I sometimes get a message to reduce oil. What causes that? I got the oil changed
2005 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Problems
High mileage or older vehicles commonly develop leaks from the differential seals and/or cover. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit whenever these leaks are repaired.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Front thrust arm and control arm bushings can crack and sometimes tear completely. If this is not repaired quickly, damage to the front subframe unit will occur, which is very expensive to repair. Updated control arms (that prevent damage to the subframe when the bushings wear out) are available.
2005 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Questions
When I start up a hill it is worse than otherwise but it is there when I take off
When I start it up it is louder than it is after running it for a while