2003 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Front Thrust Arm and Control Arm Bushing Can Crack or Tear
- Airmatic Pump Motors May Fail Due to Sticking Relays
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Problems
High mileage or older vehicles commonly develop leaks from the differential seals and/or cover. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit whenever these leaks are repaired.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Front thrust arm and control arm bushings can crack and sometimes tear completely. If this is not repaired quickly, damage to the front subframe unit will occur, which is very expensive to repair. Updated control arms (that prevent damage to the subframe when the bushings wear out) are available.
2003 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Questions
My car doesn't start
While driving my car the engine stopped; Instrument panel lit up; Headlight shut off. I was able to coast to the shoulder while still in drive. Once in park, I waited 15 minutes before trying to start the car. the starter clicked, that's all. The battery was fine, I used my hazards for abo...
before car died battery light was on car died then started after 10 min then died again now cranks no spark have fuel and injection pulse
2003 Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Reviews
I have been driving this 2003 S430 for about two years now, and I am very happy with it so far. my cousin leases a brand new C300 he feels bad because my ride is actually smoother than his. Only issue is, lately, I've been hearing this strange noise in the front Driver side suspension. don't know what it is yet but I'll figure it out and I just replace the crankshaft position senor, easy fix an...