1999 Mercedes-Benz S420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz S420
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Glove box hinges, center console arm rest, and cup holders may break
1999 Mercedes-Benz S420 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
1999 Mercedes-Benz S420 Questions
I am trading in my 1999 MB S420 for a new car, but not a new Mercedes. My dash lights just came on and I don't want to trade in the car with the warning lights on. Can I temporarily turn them off? Thank you.
What is VFUEL? In addition the right front sway bar link, differential service, and an alignment has been recommended. Do I really need these repairs? The car has less than 55,000 miles.
Do I need a new fuse or what? The antenna is brand new.