1999 Mercedes-Benz S420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz S420
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Glove box hinges, center console arm rest, and cup holders may break
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- I'm having an issue with the AC
- there is cable at the back side at the end of the transmission that is leaking ?
- What is wrong when the power locks stop working
- How can I turn off the BAS/ASR and ABS dash warning lights on my 1999 S420?
- I am told by the dealer that the car needs VFUEL fuel induction service. Why?
1999 Mercedes-Benz S420 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
1999 Mercedes-Benz S420 Questions
had to remove the transmission cross member to get to it
I am trading in my 1999 MB S420 for a new car, but not a new Mercedes. My dash lights just came on and I don't want to trade in the car with the warning lights on. Can I temporarily turn them off? Thank you.