1997 Mercedes-Benz S420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercedes-Benz S420
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Glove box hinges, center console arm rest, and cup holders may break
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- My 2 side air vents blow hot air when a/c is on while center vents blow cold.
- Fuse #20 blows every time I start A/C of the car. I turned off the A/C and then replaced fuse #20 and re-start the car not working after going to workshop and reprogram the car it started and again turning on A/C the fuse blows and the car not started.
- How do I get the door panel off?
- What is the procedure?
- where is my tcu and tcm located on my car?
1997 Mercedes-Benz S420 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
1997 Mercedes-Benz S420 Questions
For getting the drivers door panel off to gain access to the window regulator?
im trying to find the easiest way to remove and replace the hood hinges after a hood blow off