1996 Mercedes-Benz S420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz S420
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Wear in Climate Control Unit Buttons May Cause Climate Control System Failure
- Glove box hinges, center console arm rest, and cup holders may break
- Is my transmission going out or can i put fluid in it,if so where?
- Gas not geting to carberator.can hear gas pump wine when start car
- How to open the hood? Is there a button where?
- where is gas fill cover release can't open it to fill the gas
- Car has a rattling sound when cold that goes away after it warms up.
1996 Mercedes-Benz S420 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
1996 Mercedes-Benz S420 Questions
Car has only 91,000 gentle miles on it and has been well maintained. Has a rattling sound when cold that goes away after it warms up. Any idea what it might be?