1996 Mercedes-Benz S420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz S420
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Glove box hinges, center console arm rest, and cup holders may break
1996 Mercedes-Benz S420 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
1996 Mercedes-Benz S420 Questions
even the sunroof stop working the door was pulled open to far i think the wwires was pulled is it a way to chase them to the fuses box and where do they run under the dash
the car wont start or the ignition wont release key
car misses, at full acceleration care tries to stall and misses, runs ok when I back off accelerator at highway apeed, yet idles eratically.