1994 Mercedes-Benz S420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mercedes-Benz S420
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Glove box hinges, center console arm rest, and cup holders may break
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- What grade recommendations for oil for a 1994 s 420 Mercedes Benz?
- Also the odometer does not work?
- Speedometer and tachometer stopped working again at the same time. I checked the
- How to remove the frame that covers the drivers side window. int.panel removed
- where can I find "how to replace radiator info. 2nd Q... heater stopped working
1994 Mercedes-Benz S420 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
1994 Mercedes-Benz S420 Questions
little air comes through vents but no heat????
harness from the manufacture how do I find out if Mercedes Benz will back their reputation and replace the electrical harness... I've heard some S420's have caught on fire from this problem... and have caused accidents do to them shutting down while driving. Sounds like a recall to me but...
1994 Mercedes-Benz S420 Reviews
My asr light is,on what is the problem and cost
I like this car, it is a 1994 S420, I had it for 6 years the main problem was the transmition, I have to build it twice. It has some electrical and minor michanical problems like any other cars the window motor has to be replaced twice, the heater/AC fan stopped workig for no reason, the sun roof gets stuck sometimes, the seats had some movement problem. Driving is enjoyable, engine is super po...
the heater valve blowing warm air out of the vents and air condition works off and on. I was told if I by pass the heater valve Ill have good air condition but no heat until I replace the heater valve. rather have cold then heat right now. And I was told I can rebuild the heater valve, so 1, how do I bypass the heater valve and 2 is there a kit to rebuild the heater valve and where do I buy it?...