1999 Mercedes-Benz S320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz S320
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Glove box hinges, center console arm rest, and cup holders may break
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- A/C is not blowing cool. The compressor, clutch, and Freon are good.
- Anyone know how many miles you should get from a air suspension unit
- How do I remove the knob from the shift lever and replace it with a new knob?
- where is the AC Blower Motor Resistor located on the 1999 S320 Mercedes benz
- Bas/slr light is on and car seems disabled won't move over 5-10 miles per hour.
1999 Mercedes-Benz S320 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
1999 Mercedes-Benz S320 Questions
Recently my nearside air suspension unit failed dropping the car dramatically,this turned out to be a quite expensive repair. The car has done 102000 miles.Would this be the normal lifespan of a air suspension unit, if so what is the likelihood of the remaining units failing.
Has anyone else had...
Battery went dead while car was parking. When I did the jump start it ran OK but lost throttle as the bas/slr light came on. Installed new battery but still light is on and throttle is not operational.
My car runs good but it shuts off, and then about half hour later it will start
1999 Mercedes-Benz S320 Reviews
Best car ever. Perfect for everything and everyone loves it.
Very comfortable car seats and ride for any distance. Only problem I had is the dealer not having good mechanics to evaluate basic repairs. I am trying other mechanics though the dealer is walking distance.... I love this car ride. I would like to give it a new paint and take off any surface rust and keep it for ever...great 6 cyl. engine...great seats....runs on SUPER...
really good cars,just replace wear items and it won't let you dow.Want to beat 500s,its easy with a NOS Sniper nitrous 125 wet shot kit. My track times sor far 10.64@ 96 mpg.