1997 Mercedes-Benz S320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercedes-Benz S320
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Glove box hinges, center console arm rest, and cup holders may break
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
1997 Mercedes-Benz S320 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
1997 Mercedes-Benz S320 Questions
When any of the doors are open and not locked it won't do this. But when all the doors are closed snug and locked and you hit the trunk release button on the console it unlocks the doors and pops the trunk. I've had this car 8 years and it never did that before. It would only open the t...
I have a small coolant leak coming from the back of the head.
how many locations are there for the fuses. I am aware of two locations. Under the hood driver side and in the trunk passinger side. Are there any other locations of the fuse links for this car?
1997 Mercedes-Benz S320 Reviews
Overall I am impressed with the total package.The fit and finish as well as performance and fuel mileage is very good. That inline six (104) really shows it's muscle with a heavy car such as this. Plenty of leg and head room too!(but that radio "code" thing has to go!!)