2001 Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG
- i ahave ml 55 2001 model, recently my car got jammed.
- My crankshaft position sensor has gone out, how do I locate it? I cant find it!
- my interior lights will not come on any more how can I fix this?
- Can the crank sensor cause my 2001 Benz ML55 AMG to cut off
- Why my ML55 make tapping noise at drivebelt in pace with rev later ok when drive
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2001 Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG Problems
Motor mounts commonly fail, causing engine vibrations to be transferred to the body. Failed motor mounts should be replaced in order to prevent damage to the transmission mount.
The ESP and BAS warning lights may illuminate due to a failed brake light switch. Replacement of the failed switch should correct this concern. A recall on certain 2000-2003 models have been recalled for a related issue - for more information please click here»
Electrical switches in the door latches can fail, causing the door locks to rapidly actuate up and down multiple times when the locks are activated by either the keyless remote or door lock switch. A new door latch will need to be installed.
2001 Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG Questions
Tapping noise only when engine is cold, once warmed up and driven it subsides and disappear after few minutes.
I have had my brakes replaced withing the last 60 days. Recently the ABS and other dashboard lights come on. I have had the brake light switch and the ABS pump relay replaced. Solved the issue for 3 days. Lights back on and am being told the ABS Hydraulic Pump Assembly may need to be replaced at ...
Tiere rattles going over bump
2001 Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG Recalls
It has been determined that, under certain circumstances, use of the brake pedal may not disengage the cruise control as expected. All other means of disengaging the cruise control should remain effective. If the driver were to "pump" the brake pedal instead of applying consistent force, the level of force necessary to disengage the cruise control may be unusually high. Dealers will perform the repairs necessary to correct this concern. The recall is expected to begin September of 2011.
2001 Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG Reviews
exxellent suv only problem on all ml s side of front seats where the controls are, breaks constantly
The seat switch panel problem is well known. What you can do is to keep the seat a little higher so the leather-cushioning does not touch the upper side of the switch cover assembly. Especially older ML's with sagging front seats (where the sides bulge out a little) have the panel breakage problems. You can fix them easily with epoxy glue, a screw with a large washer and a handbook with new cur...