2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350
- What are the steps to take when battery is dead?
- My cluster lights stay on & flash when my car is turned off. Help.
- What could cause a Rattling/rumbling sound during idle and while driving?
- I have the 2006 mb ml350. Engine light came on obdII code p0025.
- Why is footwell air distribution not working. everywhere else is working fine.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Problems
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
It is not uncommon for the power steering rack to develop a fluid leak requiring replacement of the rack assembly. Loss of power steering fluid may also cause an abnormal noise and damage to the power steering pump.
2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Questions
It,s been dead for two months.
What is the problem and which part should be replaced and the cost.
Rpm goes up & down ,does it have to do whith a sensor?
2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
The weld on the trailer hitch assembly may be insufficient and not support a load. If the hitch weld failed, a load may separate from the vehicle, causing a road hazard. Dealers will repair the trailer hitch. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008050004. This recall began during June, 2008.
The hose clamp used to secure the power steering fluid hose at the cooler may not provide sufficient clamping force, resulting in a power steering fluid leak. Loss of power steering fluid can damage the power steering pump and may result in diminished power steering assist, which could lead to a crash. Dealers will replace the power steering hose clamp to correct this concern. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2005 050004.
2006 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Reviews
I was rather surprised to find this site AFTER I purchased a used 2006 ML350. AND I wish I had never bothered. I was excited when I realized that I, single mother of three, would be able to afford the luxury of a Mercedes!! Not all that it's cracked up to be. Brakes (pads and rotors) always need replacing, which is odd because I do more distance driving than city (not alot of brake use). P...
Bought in Oct. 2005 (2006 ML 350) 65000 miles and never a problem.
Stay way from any 2006-2009 ML350. Major problems with transmissions. Bought a 2006 ML350. 10 months out of warranty and went into "limp mode", stuck on first gear. Replaced transmission speed sensor ($1000). A month later, same problem, replaced Valve body ($2000). Still not fixed. Dealer says there's a know problem inside engine it takes 1 week and $5000 to fixed. Called Mercedes no help. ...