1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320
- Have check engine light after changing bad crank position sensor...had common symptoms - would shut down when warm and not restart until cooked off...did not have a check engine light. Changing sensor solved the problem but now have a check engine lgbt.
- Engine shuts down once it warms up and will not restart until it cools off.
- Have a sunroof issue..roof will not back but it will retract..when I manually cr
- I'm not getting heat to the cargo area of my car. I checked the heater core and it doesn't seem to be getting water through it. It stays cool to the touch.
- What could possibly cause my ML320 to just die while driving?
1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Problems
Electrical switches in the door latches can fail, causing the door locks to rapidly actuate up and down multiple times when the locks are activated by either the keyless remote or door lock switch. The affected door latch should be replaced to correct this concern.
The ESP and BAS warning lights may illuminate due to a failed brake light switch. Replacement of the failed switch should correct this concern. A recall on certain 2000-2002 models have been recalled for a related issue - for more information please click here»
The power window switch may fail and the windows will not raise. The main switch at the front center console is commonly at fault. A failed switch will require replacement.
1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Questions
Runs good and have no check engine lights, but once engine warms up it shuts off and will not restart until engine is cold. Have replaced both fuel pump and fuel filter with no change. When it shuts down the motor cranks but it does not seem its getting a spark. When it shuts down its as if th...
I was driving down the highway and my ML320 lost all power. All of the gauges fell like I had killed the engine. When I tried to start it again it would not even crank the starter. My windows won't roll down and the doors won't lock (except manually) and I don't have blinkers or inter...
1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Recalls
1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Reviews
Great vehicle. Tenacious grip on ice and snow - durable and rock solid. Tows fine too despite it's weight. (It's a lot heavier than its size would indicate.) We drove a newer one while this was getting a repair @ Benz and we liked ours better. The newer one had touch screen for navi, radio, phone & HVAC and it didn't work very well and was impossible to read in the sun. Sometimes progress...
I've had this car for 8 years. 7 years longer than any other car I've ever owned. I've put over 100K on it with minimal problems during that time.. I had an electronic motor go out of the 4 wheel drive components twice, both times it was covered under warranty. I also had a piece of plastic trim crack on the rear like another review had mentioned. All in all, it's a great car and I'd even thin...