2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450
- My front air suspension is not pump up
- what's the meaning of c1151
- Service light for a "Malfunction in the seat" keeps coming on. What is that?
- Rear suspension tends to bottom out and the rear end seems to sway sideways when maneuvering also the traction system engages when making turns at corners and moderate to rapid acceleration is required. The tires have been checked and has excellent tread
- What does the gold colored triangle with an exclamation symbol on speed odometer
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Problems
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.
As a way to increase braking performance, the brake pads and rotors are make of a softer material and may be in need of replacement after approximately 20,000 miles; owners should be vigilant about getting their brakes checked.
An engine Oil leak may develop from the PCV vent housing on the valve cover and/or the inspection plate on the front of the engine.
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Questions
This symbol is showing on hard acceleration
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Recalls
Mercedes–Benz is recalling certain 2008 GL-Class, M-Class, and R-Class vehicles for a possible defect in the driving pin used to control power steering oil pressure. If the pin breaks during normal vehicle turning, the steering assist will no longer operate, causing difficulty operating the steering wheel. Dealers will replace the steering gear in affected vehicles.