2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450
- Why does my car shake when I step on the accelerator and when it changes gears?
- The Audio in my car just stopped working No Sound for any components
- My passenger side back row seat is locked; how do I open it?
- Which fuse for backup lites,rear signals,licence lites. All stop same time.
- May i know detail & brand name of engine oil for my mercedes GL450 2008 model?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Problems
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.
An engine Oil leak may develop from the PCV vent housing on the valve cover and/or the inspection plate on the front of the engine.
As a way to increase braking performance, the brake pads and rotors are make of a softer material and may be in need of replacement after approximately 20,000 miles; owners should be vigilant about getting their brakes checked.
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Questions
Will I need to replace the entire seat or is there a component that can be replaced.
As I just begin driving my Mercedes and gradually step on the accelerator I feel shaking or heavy vibration, this also occurs when I increase the speed and when the speed is coming down. I feel it intermittingly as in when the car changes gears.
All these lights stopped same time.Not bulbs. Tail lights still work
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Recalls
Mercedes–Benz is recalling certain 2008 GL-Class, M-Class, and R-Class vehicles for a possible defect in the driving pin used to control power steering oil pressure. If the pin breaks during normal vehicle turning, the steering assist will no longer operate, causing difficulty operating the steering wheel. Dealers will replace the steering gear in affected vehicles.