2003 Mercedes-Benz G500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Mercedes-Benz G500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2003 Mercedes-Benz G500 Problems
Door lock actuators, window regulators, and inside door handles are all prone to premature failure.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
As a way to increase braking performance, the brake pads and rotors are make of a softer material and may be in need of replacement after approximately 20,000 miles; owners should be vigilant about getting their brakes checked.
2003 Mercedes-Benz G500 Questions
Vehicle can be parked, driving, locked, or unlocked. Remote unlock will shut off siren. Central locking in cabin will not turn it off, at least while driving. I can remove Fuse 8 but that also disables central locking altogether.
My G500 does fine until I get the same part of the highway on my way home for work. The whole car begins to shudder and I feel like the steering wheel will whip out of my hands from the vibration. I have to stop on the side of the highway and try and go again. My breaks have just been replaced...
2003 Mercedes-Benz G500 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.