2005 Mercedes-Benz E500 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz E500 4MATIC
- Brake Light Switch Failure May Cause ESP/BAS Warning Lights
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Oil Leaking From Oil Level Sensor
- The fuel gage does not measure any fuel at times, then at other times, it works?
- has anyone had a crack in the fuel tank in their M-B E 500 without a wreck
- My wagon makes a stuttering noise in the front when cold
- In dash cd changer runs constantly.
- TRansmission will not engage after changing transmission fluids
2005 Mercedes-Benz E500 4MATIC Problems
The ESP and BAS warning lights may illuminate due to a failed brake light switch. Replacement of the failed switch should correct this concern.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid into the wiring harness. If not repaired, the oil will migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. A new harness and control module may be necessary to correct this problem.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
2005 Mercedes-Benz E500 4MATIC Questions
I'm thinking there is air in the tank, because the fuel shut off early at the gas station pump. It seems there is air in the tank that is not getting displaced, when liquid fuel is filling the tank. The problem is spastic and can happen at every fill up or not at all. This is why I think an a...
When I pull out of my driveway in the morning and turn my steering wheel all the way to one side, the car makes a stuttering noise and it seems to be dragging. It was a very small noise at first and over the past 6 months got louder. The funny part is that this noise goes completely away, as soon...
Our 05 e500 has an in dash cd changer that rercently began to run as if it was trying to play a cd but their are no cd's in the changer. It will run for a few moments, then it will stop, then start again. Sometimes the cover plate will not close when you press the button, then it will close a...