1999 Mercedes-Benz E430 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz E430
- changed the battery car starts & stalls in a few seconds .
- Why won't the radio keypad on my 1999 Mercedes E430 enter numbers?
- Passenger seat controls will not work. Reset does not correct it. Memory off.
- My blinkers go crazy in an intermitent way.I replaced light bulb and still does
- the electronic beeper don't unlock the car or turn on the ignition.What's wrong
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Mercedes-Benz E430 Problems
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
A squeak from the steering column is often related to a rubber boot in the column or a seal in the power steering rack.
1999 Mercedes-Benz E430 Questions
Have tried to reset, held buttons and switches down and all at once. Tried to erase memory. Can not get the seat to move forward, back to recline. It does it's own thing and sometimes opposite.
I replaced the batteries but still don't work.
E430 will only accelerate to 1000 and 1500 RPMs. On start it revs to 2500 and back to idle. Changed the accelerator pedal sensor. There are no codes stored. The BAS and ESP lights are on. Brake lights work. And it runs smooth not rough.
1999 Mercedes-Benz E430 Recalls
1999 Mercedes-Benz E430 Reviews
I am the second owner, with the first owner maintaining superb records. The interior ceiling is detaching in the rear, the ash tray is not positioned well for use and the seats are very uncomfortable in the front (this surprises me as I have owned 3 other Mercedes without this problem). The electrical seems to have intermittent "shorts" in it on items that are basically cosmetic (such as the ...
I have been the owner for 4 years
I am the second owner of a 1999 E-430. It had 73,000 miles when I became the owner which was 10 months ago. It drives well; the engine runs smoothly. I had to replace the blower and add freon but no major repairs. It is a a great performing car.