1998 Mercedes-Benz E430 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercedes-Benz E430
- The car won't turn over when I turn the key. The wheel is free and in park.
- car starts fine but nothing happens when the gas is pressed. any reason why?
- Can you tell me if it is hard to change the cylinddr lock if it has the infared
- On a 1999 MB E430, when removing the cooling fan assembly, do you turn the large
- I up graded my fan blower and regulator after a regulator failiur,
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430 Problems
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
A squeak from the steering column is often related to a rubber boot in the column or a seal in the power steering rack.
A malfunctioning HVAC blower motor regulator can cause the blower motor to operate below the requested speed or not at all. Updated regulators are available; the blower motor and cover need to be replaced at the same time to upgrade the system.
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430 Questions
It idles fine but won't rev up.
The fan stopped working abruptly and the next morning when we went to start te care the battery had gone dead due to what seems to be a fan that was stating on after the ignitionwas turned off. Please advise on this ..
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430 Reviews
i own 2 of these cars,one of the best models that mercedes has build. small problems here and there,nothing major. get the car repaired by the best independent shop in town and have no issues.250k miles and no car payments goes a long way.
Great car; however, excessive repairs are needed, which is really costly.
Car run smooth & accelerates good. Have had check engine light go on several times and was told the (2) rear oxygen sensors need to be replaced for $700 each. I did not have them replaced. Instead I used Z Max gas & oil additive and the check engine light went away. My son in law who took automotive tech said they had tested it in school and it works as claimed.