2001 Mercedes-Benz E430 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercedes-Benz E430 4MATIC
- I want to install a new child safety seat but cannot find latches to install it.
- my E430 will not go into gear after it warms up.
- I have a water leak in the rear battery compartment where the fuses are.
- I repaired my rear brake pads and rotors but they still squeak in reverse.
- Have a 2001 E430 4Matic have a ticking noise in the intake manifold
2001 Mercedes-Benz E430 4MATIC Problems
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
The ESP and BAS warning lights may illuminate due to a failed brake light switch. Replacement of the failed switch should correct this concern.
A squeak from the steering column is often related to a rubber boot in the column or a seal in the power steering rack.
2001 Mercedes-Benz E430 4MATIC Questions
my E430 will not go into gear after it warms up. The shifter displays R and D but will not display the gear numbers when toggled manually. This seemed to start after I accidentally knocked it out of gear while driving.
Usually on slow reversing
Mechanic says the valves in the intake manifold have carbon on them. He put some cleaner in the motor through the purge valve to clean it but still have the noise Whats up? What do you think? The car is real nice looking but it is embarassing when the car is idleing and it sounds like an old junk...