1995 Mercedes-Benz E420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Mercedes-Benz E420
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Poor idle quality due to oil feed tubes falling into crankcase
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Instrument Clusters Tend to Fail
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
1995 Mercedes-Benz E420 Problems
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Oil feed tubes break and fall into the crankcase (engine) and the tappet becomes noisy (ticking), resulting in degraded idle quality. Our technicians recommend replacing all of the tubes at the same time, broken or not.
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
1995 Mercedes-Benz E420 Questions
I turn on the headlights and fog light and only the fog lights work but they work when I turn on the brights?
My 95 E420 was running real bad so I had it towed to the dealer. They replaced the trottle body and now i dont have reverse. I had experienced no problems before. When you put it in R it feels like the the parking brake is on and when you give it gas it wont move even on a hill. Could they have h...
Installed a new alternator then the problem startded.