1994 Mercedes-Benz E420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mercedes-Benz E420
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Poor idle quality due to oil feed tubes falling into crankcase
- Sunroof Components May Fail Due to Age and Wear
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Stalls after warm up I've changed the engine wire harness the crank sensor put a used ezl still no change sounds ass if the fuel pump shuts down when car warms up after cool down it starts right up
- Heater Fan makes a very loud noise. Want to know what to do to fix it.
- I Have a 1997 ME/BE E-420. The heater motor quit no heat or fan motor now.
- Why the central locking system is not activated while driving at certain rpm?
- Car will not start when engine is warm. Only start again when engine is cool.
1994 Mercedes-Benz E420 Problems
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
Oil feed tubes break and fall into the crankcase (engine) and the tappet becomes noisy (ticking), resulting in degraded idle quality. Our technicians recommend replacing all of the tubes at the same time, broken or not.
1994 Mercedes-Benz E420 Questions
Can we do it ourselves?
What is the cost?
What happens if we don't fix it.
Fan motor was blowing at low speed for about a year.
1994 Mercedes-Benz E420 Reviews
The ASR light came out and the ABS light same time came on and all gauges stopped working. When engine was shut off, it could not be started and all the lights came on.
Great car but has a poor Electrical Wiring System
This is a wonderful automobile. You have to drive one to know.