1994 Mercedes-Benz E420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mercedes-Benz E420
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Poor idle quality due to oil feed tubes falling into crankcase
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Sunroof Components May Fail Due to Age and Wear
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Why the central locking system is not activated while driving at certain rpm?
- Car will not start when engine is warm. Only start again when engine is cool.
- How do I remove the rear seat to get to the CCM?
- Following a scan by Mercedes, replaced MAF but engine fonctioning is erratic...
- How do you remove the rear passenger side interior door panel
1994 Mercedes-Benz E420 Problems
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Oil feed tubes break and fall into the crankcase (engine) and the tappet becomes noisy (ticking), resulting in degraded idle quality. Our technicians recommend replacing all of the tubes at the same time, broken or not.
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
1994 Mercedes-Benz E420 Questions
Have an 1994 E320 as well and the doors do lock as I accelerate. My E420 does not. The central locking works when the doors are locked using the key.
Take car to store short way away from home (15 minutes). When ready to come back home car will not start again until it sits and engine gets cold again. What could be wrong?
My windows and sunroof quit working, and I'm guessing it's a problem with the Convenience Control Module.
1994 Mercedes-Benz E420 Reviews
The ASR light came out and the ABS light same time came on and all gauges stopped working. When engine was shut off, it could not be started and all the lights came on.
Great car but has a poor Electrical Wiring System
This is a wonderful automobile. You have to drive one to know.