2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 4MATIC
- Internal Component Failure May Cause Rough Shifting
- Camshaft Adjuster Solenoid Failure
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Failed Gateway Module May Cause Lack of Audio/Cell Phone Functionality
- Computer system software updates may cost money if car is out of warranty
- My 2006 e350 formatic runs great except for road noise. What would cause this?
- Since you cant answer your own questions once you find out he answer...
- For these codes. p0300, p0304, p0305, p0306. Is this covered via warranty?
- I hear a tapping sound during idle,car has been recently serviced by dealer
- sometimes the front drivers side parking sensor sounds off and there is nothing
2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 4MATIC Problems
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
High mileage or older vehicles commonly develop leaks from the differential seals and/or cover. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit whenever these leaks are repaired.
2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 4MATIC Questions
I had codes P0300, P3004, P3005, and P3006 on my 2006 Mercedes. Anything related to the catalytic converter is covered under federal emissions standards of 8yr/80k. It is actually listed on the EPA website as one of 3 major components covered. The other 2 are the electronic emissions control uni...
drove my down to Dallas from irving and everything was fine. I went to get back into ai after lunch and i would not start, it had plents of Amps but wouldnt turn over, I waited for 3 hours trying on and off before getting it towed, for the last week I would try to start it every morning and today...
I SEE NO FLUID MARKS ON DRIVEWAY.HAD IT SERVICED BY DEALER 1 YEAR AGO.THANKS
2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 4MATIC Reviews
took my car downtown Dallas last weekend and everything was fine,I stopped to get lunch and when I back in it and turned the ignition it would not start. It had plents of juice and wanted to turn over but would not catch. I waited for over 3 hours trying on and off before having it towed to my hotel in irving,where it sat for 1 week. everyday I would go out and try to turn it over and thismorni...
,I stopped to get coffee and when I back in it and turned the ignition it would not start. It had plents of juice and wanted to turn over but would not catch