2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz E320
- How to diegnoce the auto trunk system on a 2005 W211 E320 Tested Motor it works.
- Regarding my breaks.
- Want to replace left side trurning signal bulb. How do i get to it? thanks
- Why is My car not engaging any gear position neither is it deploying brakes?
- where is the oil dip stick on mb 2005 E320, just bought this car.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 Problems
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
The cup holder in the center console may break.
2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 Questions
Took my car to a shop where new front breaks were installed . Then this warning came on dash to say go shop breaks wear error . Can you please help me diagnose the problem . You have my thanks in the interim
Do I have to remove front frame?
i replce the gas tank cap and the mech did not find no leaking what else can they look for
2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Due to deterioration of the wiring harness connection or failure of the hydraulic pump, the sensotronic brake control (SBC) system may default to the hydraulic back-up mode. In the back-up mode, the driver has braking power sufficient to stop the vehicle, but greater brake pedal pressure is required and brake pedal travel will be noticeably longer. Dealers will install a bracket and replacement ground wire to the SBC pump unit on all affected vehicles. Additionally, dealers will inspect and replace the SSC pump unit in certain SL models. The Mercedes-Benz recall numbers are 2005070007 AND 2005110001.
High mileage combined with a high number of brake actuations, or a high brake actuation frequency, can cause the pump motor of the SBC to run out of permissible tolerances. As a result, excessively high pressure may build the high pressure line of the brake system. If this occurs, the system will switch into the hydraulic function mode as designed. Sensotronic brake control is disabled when the brake system is functioning in the hydraulic mode. Dealers will inspect the SBC hydraulic unit and replace it if necessary to correct this concern. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2004 050014.
2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 Reviews
This car is built to a high quality standard. The only problem with the E320 is that sometimes it feels underpowered for the weight of the car and the suspension is a little mushy, but that is also what gives this car such it's smooth ride. The larger E430 does allow the car to move a little quicker, but once your up to speed you can't beat the gas mileage of the smaller engine. Overall this ca...
Best car on the road bar none.