1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320
- The Ec button stays on and the A/C doesn't cool. Could be in need of refrigerant, BUT I read one time about a sensor that can be a frequent problem. And an issue of "fault codes" not being reset. Please enlighten me.
- Car is riding lower than normal and takes bumps extremely rough, where it constantly bounces up and down, making it it a very uncomfortable ride. What could this possibly be, and how much would it be to fix? Thanks!
- I have a Mercedes E320..I was it doesn't have a up shift when I'm driving it.
- Smoke started coming from drivers left vent. 4 of the 7.5 fuses were burnt.
- smog test emisson passed failled for faint visable white smoke
1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 Problems
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
The cup holder in the center console may break.
1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 Questions
I was told I needed a transmission speed sensor?..help?..the are trying to charge 4000.00
It smelled like electrical fire but no flames just smoke and burnt fuses. I am scared to replace fuses and drive it because I don't want it to catch on fire. Have not looked behind fuse box yet (would have to take dash apart I think) It was smelling like this for a while before I noticed t...
1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 Reviews
I have owned my wagon for exactly 13 months. I bought it with 104,000 miles, and I have put over 50,000 miles in that time. Most reliable car that I've ever had. Changed the oil every 7,000 mi (synthetic). Changed the brake pads once (routine maintenance). No expenditures at all. Still looks new. Will eventually put money into it and restore it completely (perhaps in a couple of years or so). ...
I have owned this car since 2000 and I am very happy with the experience. I purchased it as a two year old lease return. I have garaged it since purchase and maintained it annually. I also have it detailed after each winter inside and out. Feeding the leather annually has kept the leather supple and like new. I live in a non-snow/road salt area so there's no rust. At 16 years old the car sti...
Absolutely love this care. It's quick, great fuel mileage and fun to drive.