1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz E320
- throttle position sensor replacement labor
- where do i order the key for my car..just the key itself with alarm remote?
- I am seeing Coolant level sign..what could be the problem ?
- The issue: car will not start sometimes. If I put it in neutral it will then start. The dealer told me the "POS.CABLE, 2-BUSHING, THE SWITCH, & BACK-UP LIGHT" need to be replaced. I was told the "BUSHING" Is there a how to video I can watch on this?
- Key dont turn .how to unlock the steering lock and start the engine
1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Problems
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
A squeak from the steering column is often related to a rubber boot in the column or a seal in the power steering rack.
1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Questions
Th key in the cylinder doesnt turn to unlock the steering wheel and start the car.
Second time happen
1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Recalls
1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Reviews
It was pure luck hubby found this car especially for the price he paid. We aquired the car at 186000 miles. I've had it for 5 months now and will not trade it for anything else. I don't even know where to start. Parts, decent price. repair fairly easy for a mechanic to work on. drives beautifully. My family loves it!!
Just bought a 96 E320 with 195,000 miles on it. I'd like to know what problems I might expect or items that need to be replaced soon. I have noticeced several people who are getting 30 MPG, however I am getting 23 - 27. Are drivers really getting 30 MPG?
After 210,000 miles the car started showing signs of mechanical problems.