1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz E320
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Problems
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
A squeak from the steering column is often related to a rubber boot in the column or a seal in the power steering rack.
1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Questions
Second time happen
came home one night turned it off
Came out to leave and it started doing that no acceleration
I have a 1996 Mercedes E320 changed ignition, lock switch tumbler assembly and steering lock assembly.
drove the car for two days... parked car on a hill, now ignition key doesn't come out...or start vehicle...tried
adjusting cable on shifter assembly still no luck.
by the way shifter as...
1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Recalls
1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 Reviews
It was pure luck hubby found this car especially for the price he paid. We aquired the car at 186000 miles. I've had it for 5 months now and will not trade it for anything else. I don't even know where to start. Parts, decent price. repair fairly easy for a mechanic to work on. drives beautifully. My family loves it!!
Just bought a 96 E320 with 195,000 miles on it. I'd like to know what problems I might expect or items that need to be replaced soon. I have noticeced several people who are getting 30 MPG, however I am getting 23 - 27. Are drivers really getting 30 MPG?
My 96 E 320 still feels like it is new. Will keep it at least another 5 yrs.