2009 Mercedes-Benz E320 BLUETEC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Mercedes-Benz E320 BLUETEC
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Early Versions of Central Gateway Module Have Software Problems
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Failed Gateway Module May Cause Lack of Audio/Cell Phone Functionality
- Brake Light Switch Failure May Cause ESP/BAS Warning Lights
2009 Mercedes-Benz E320 BLUETEC Problems
High mileage or older vehicles commonly develop leaks from the differential seals and/or cover. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit whenever these leaks are repaired.
The early versions of the central gateway module (which allows different systems to communicate with each other) have software problems.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid into the wiring harness. If not repaired, the oil will migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. A new harness and control module may be necessary to correct this problem.