1999 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC
- The a/C is stuck on Econ and there is no cooling
- MY 1999 E-320 4-MATIC S/W DEVELOPED A TRANS COOLER LINE LEAK, SO WE HAVE BEEN
- After the battery change, my all four windows will go down, but not up
- ignition key wont turn steering is locked, batteries are new
- Car shut off while driving after problem with keys & ignition hard to turn over.
1999 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
A squeak from the steering column is often related to a rubber boot in the column or a seal in the power steering rack.
1999 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Questions
UNABLE TO FILL IT AS THERE IS NO DIPSTICK, WE BOUGHT A UNIVERSAL ONE BUT NEED TO KNOW HOW FAR FROM THE FROM TOP OF THE FILLER TUBE IT IS TO THE MAX. AND MIN. FLUID LEVELS EXACTLY... AND DO WE BOTTOM OUT THE DIPSTICK..???????? TKS
my fob is fine, car battery is fine, locks and unlocks fine, but ignition wont turn, steering wheel wont turn, car wont start. alarm is fine.
1. My 1st key stopped starting the car one day. 2. The 2nd key worked for a while. Then it kept getting harder & harder for the ignition to turn over taking 1 to 3 tries each time b4 starting but car would run smoothly. Then car just cut off while I was driving & won't start. I rep...
1999 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Reviews
I owned a e300 before my e320 and I would not own anything else if I can afford it. It has the best ride, offers great dependability and safety as well as perforance of any car I have ever owned. I want to keep it as long as possible.....see no reason to change or upgrade. If I should need another car, I would buy a Mercedes Benz...best value for your money by far. I hope that has not changed i...
I love this car despite being a little afraid of it. It has been very dependable but now that I approaching 200k things are beginning to happen i.e. camshaft pos sensor, oil leaks, key tumblers wearing out, sunroof inexplicably slowing down and displaying weird directional behaviors, seat adjustments starting to do the same. Aside from that, I have never driven a more enjoyable car. considerin...