1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC
- AC on my car blows cold on passenger side and much less cold on driver side.
- My 1998 Benz e320 4 matic wagon rides like there are no shocks!!
- When turning radio volume up the radio volume goes down and viceversa
- My steering wheel telescoping/tilt control button doesnt work. Is it a fuse??
- What is the code that must be entered after replacing battery?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Problems
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
A squeak from the steering column is often related to a rubber boot in the column or a seal in the power steering rack.
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Questions
My door locks will not work. When I use the remote to lock the doors, only the alarm system is activated. Same when I unlock it as the alarm is deactivated.
Th driver's seat has started to "make a pop" when any pressure is applied. I think this is in the back part, not the actual seat - but I cannot find schematics to diagnose - anyone have the seat assmebly drawings?
1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Reviews
My 4Matic wagon is a great car with almost 200K miles on it. While I have had some minor repair work on the car and the repairs are very expensive, I knew that going into buying a Mercedes and an old car. I am surprised by how many negative things I have seen about these cars and yet my experience has so far been very good. Especially love the 4Matic: during heavy rains on the interstate, the c...