1998 Mercedes-Benz E300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercedes-Benz E300
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Mercedes-Benz E300 Problems
High mileage vehicles may develop a leak from one or more of the transmission oil seals.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
1998 Mercedes-Benz E300 Questions
This happened about a year ago. Shortly thereafter, the "check engine electronics" sign appeared. Now, it never goes away. Have taken it to three repair shops and they don't know why the light turns back on. Actually, I didn't realize there might be a connection between the acc...
There is some fuel leaking around the plastic low pressure lines, still running but need to fix soon. I've heard this is a common problem, but am afrid to attempt without some help.
The window switch console works intermittently. Consequently, I can use the switch to lower the windows from the cluster switch located on the auto trans shifter panel. Can this cluster switch be serviced? Are there points in the cluster that can be cleaned/serviced? I can purchase a new inst...
1998 Mercedes-Benz E300 Reviews
my 1998 e300td is a great car 300000 miles and still running fine
From Portland, OR to Lancaster, CA (approx 1000 miles) in 11 hours means that I was averaging about 90 mph for almost half a day. The durability of this car is impressive. The car was more at home (mechanically synchronized, or running smooth and quiet)at these speeds than anytime I had driven it in the 65 mph range. As well, it got very close to 23 mpg at that rate of speed. Fantastic. I ...