1997 Mercedes-Benz E300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercedes-Benz E300
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Mercedes-Benz E300 Problems
High mileage vehicles may develop a leak from one or more of the transmission oil seals.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
1997 Mercedes-Benz E300 Questions
I have to write the mileage down when I get gas because the fuel gage isn't working. I know I can go 200 miles on a full tank, but when I can't fill it, its a guess on how far I can go!
Also, sometimes it just dies with no warning ( no sound or ruff timing) and will start again after ...