1996 Mercedes-Benz E300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz E300
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1996 Mercedes-Benz E300 Problems
High mileage vehicles may develop a leak from one or more of the transmission oil seals.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
1996 Mercedes-Benz E300 Questions
the transmission shifts normally until the last gear and will not shift also the cluster is randomly going out with a engine dianostic light.
My automatic window "ground" to a halt while it was down the other day. It sounded like the motor was still working but like some gear structure broke and was ground up. I need to know how to get the door panel off to see what the damage is. Can someone direct me to some diagrams a...