2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Going Over Bumps in Convertibles May Cause Roll Bar to Deploy
- Computer Control Modules (Seats, Doors, CD Changer, Brake Lamp Switch) May Fail
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- How do I remove the armrest lid to give to an upholstery shop?
- wipers wont work, ft. lft amber side light out. auto headlight out. ext mirrors
- how is it fixed what parts will i need. driver side window will not close
- My control panel information is partly out. Only some of the letters/#'s showing
- Were do I fill in the Transmission Oil?
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
Going over large bumps in convertible models may cause the roll bar to deploy, rendering the roof inoperative. Special tools are generally required to return the roll bar to its stowed position.
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Questions
the whole unit is not working i need to get window back up as well as get into the trunk
I cannot find were to put in the transmission oil
if possible can anyone give me diagrams for them or somewere to get free diagrams online.
hey twice my car got stuck in first gear when going on an incline drove the car for awhile it happened turned the car off restarted and it was fine what can that be?
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Reviews
great car to drive, very quick to respond with the 5.0 liter, drives excellent. i had to replace the air conditioning control unit in the interior of the car. also, the lifters make noise in the recent past.mechanic said 500 liter have had some issues with lifters. car has only 39k, and i am a bit disapointed especially that it is a mercedes, but over all, the car is a pleasure to own & drive. ...