2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK500
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Computer Control Modules (Seats, Doors, CD Changer, Brake Lamp Switch) May Fail
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Going Over Bumps in Convertibles May Cause Roll Bar to Deploy
- My dash lights along w other my interior lights sit and dim with the idle to the
- SUDDEN ONSET: DASH LIT UP LIKE CHRSITMAS, CAR STUCK IN PARK
- Replaced crankshaft pos sensor went well. Now prob back where can we buy cable?
- CLK500 cold air only on the passenger side
- Going over large bumps in convertible models may cause the roll bar to deploy,
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
Computer control modules for the seats and doors, the CD changer, and the brake lamp switch tend to fail.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Questions
When the car is idling the lights on dash and inside lights lights dim w the motor running
I have a 2005 clk500 that I literally just purchased. I have another that got t-boned, so parts are at my disposal luckily. All of a sudden, CE light & ABS light were on and car wouldn't come out of park. Warnings included: Display malfunction, ESP malfunction & Break Wear. Had the sh...
Cable seems to be culprit. Car runs great till it gets warm. The replacement of a new oem crankshaft position sensor leads us to believe it is the CONNECTOR that is the problem. Can we buy just that without a whole wiring harness? If so where and whar part number/price. Thank you ver much jetjockey
2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Reviews
I purchased this Clk-500 with 25,000 miles on it. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE Electrical all kinds. Crank shaft sensor, tail light sensor, oil level sensor, coolant level sensor, The ignition will not turn on sometimes, radio will not turn on sometimes, Body trouble, Both front inner fender liners have come out more than once, top leaks, seats won't adjust, head rest won't adjust, Motor troub...