2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Computer Control Modules (Seats, Doors, CD Changer, Brake Lamp Switch) May Fail
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Going Over Bumps in Convertibles May Cause Roll Bar to Deploy
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- sos malfunction on dash board wont clear.
- Car will run for a few miles and then lose power. If you turn off the engine and
- horn beeps for no reason when turning steering wheel in mostly chilly weather
- my horn beeps for no reason when I turn the steering wheel at a 180degree turn.
- How to replace the windshield washer reservoir in a 2004 Mercedes CLK500?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
Computer control modules for the seats and doors, the CD changer, and the brake lamp switch tend to fail.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Questions
let the car sit for a few minutes it seems to reset and will run for a few more miles. Check engine light came on. Had it towed on a flatbed and the repair shop said it was the transmission. This does not sound correct to me.
happens mostly in chillier wheather ... not hot weather
my seatbelt on the drivers side will not go back in
2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Some seat belt buckles may have a burr on a metal component of the locking mechanism. This could prevent the seat belt from locking under certain conditions. In the event of a crash, the seat occupant may not be properly restrained, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will replace the affected seat belts. This recall is expected to begin on December 22, 2003. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2003 120006.
2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Reviews
This car is an electical piece of cr*p. Its had all kinds of electrical issues - sensors going bad, SRS light always coming on when its not supposed to, warning that lights are out when they are not, etc. Ah, and the CD changer broke at 45,000 miles. I can't believe how much time and energy I've had to waste on this thing. Its my first and last Mercedes. That said, no engine problems or...
Bought this car 4 1/2 years ago and it had 50K miles, since then I have put another 80K on it. I love the way it drives and it still looks almost knew. Just polished it and it really pops! However...it is uncanny how I have had the same issues that have shown up on this site. Stepper motor arm is broken (5 clicks on start up every time for a few minutes), haven't repaired it yet. Head rest...
I have own the coupe for 5+ years w/106k miles. Under factory warranty repair, Key fob transmitter replaced, Passenger side seat control unit replace, Valve cover gasket replaced, 3rd brake light fell off from slamming the trunk to hard, (16) Spark plug and wire due to vehicle shakiness (did not solve it), Exhaust manifolds replace due to vehicle shakiness (did not solve it) --------------...