2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK350
- My check engine light has not gone away and latest code is 0954.
- My engine light came on. I took it and and got it checked and someone told me it was something to do with the fuel trim. Error Code PO107. Now i'm looking to get this issue solved ASAP.
- Please advise what you would do and the approximate cost for replacement as desc
- i took my '06 mercedes to get an oil changed but said oil is mixing w\coolant!
- I have a 2006 and I am being told that I need a new manifold the it has 78000 mi
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Problems
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
The heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) heater box is susceptible to mildew buildup. This can result in a musty odor from the HVAC system, most noticeable when the system is first turned on.
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Questions
My well maintained, garage kept, 2006 CLK350 convertible has rust spots on the bottom of both doors. Dealer quote to replace the doors is about $6000.00-$6500.00. Car value is supposedly about $11,000.
I really want to keep this car as I love the cadet blue color and otherwise it is in great ...
I'm 39, F, & I just want to make sure I don't get taken advantage of what repairs need to get done.
My car cools fine. My car makes no noise. No throttles no overheating, no some , no high oil pressure.
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.