2006 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2006 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG Problems
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
An engine oil leak may develop from the oil level sensor. Replacement of the leaking sensor will commonly correct this concern.
2006 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Certain passenger vehicles equipped with sport model steering wheels fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard # 208 "Occupant Crash Protection"In certain tests conducted by NHTSA, using an unbelted female crash test dummy, conditions were found that occupants may not be properly protected during a crash, resulting in injuries. Dealers will install a new airbag module free of charge. The Mercedes recall # is 2006020005