2000 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Bad Spark Plug Wires/Ignition Coils May Cause Misfires and Possible CEL
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Brake Lights May Not Operate Due to Failed Rear Tail Light Housings
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2000 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Problems
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
Failed spark plug wires and/or ignition coils can cause intermittent misfires (rough running); the Check Engine Light may also illuminate. Diagnoses of the ignition system will be necessary to determine which components are at fault.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
2000 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Questions
This one looks like it is on top of the exhaust manifold. What has to be r&r'd to get access to it?
I intend to buy a mercedes Benz C32 AMG 2000 model but i cant find it listed. So when was the first C32AMG manufactured in South Africa