1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Bad Spark Plug Wires/Ignition Coils May Cause Misfires and Possible CEL
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Brake Lights May Not Operate Due to Failed Rear Tail Light Housings
- My AC starts to blow cold for about 15-20 seconds then switches to hot air.
- very good condition, but 228,000 miles for $3000? should I buy or don't buy?
- ticking noise comes and goes from PS cam cover, front of motor, hot or cold
- why would my car wear the inside rear tires out in about 100 miles.
- oil change
1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Problems
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid. Over time leaking fluid could migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. If that happens a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct the problem.
Failed spark plug wires and/or ignition coils can cause intermittent misfires (rough running); the Check Engine Light may also illuminate. Diagnoses of the ignition system will be necessary to determine which components are at fault.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Questions
the tires were fine drove from owensboro, ky to padauch, ky about 150 miles and the tires started squeaking and the car was hard to handle.
the blower in my car is blowing when the car is off. in order to stop it, i would take the fuse out.. what needs to be fixed/replaced?
1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Recalls
1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Reviews
Love this car alot, its up there with the beautiful red 635 csi i had. except with more power, better handling and great comfort.