A dead battery can be caused by a faulty seat control module that does not properly shut down. Spilling liquids on the front seats can cause these modules to fail.
Resources for the Repair and Maintenance of your 2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG
2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG
2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG Problems
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid into the wiring harness. If not repaired, the oil will migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. At that point, a new harness and control module may be necessary to correct this problem.
An engine Oil leak may develop from the PCV vent housing on the valve cover and/or the inspection plate on the front of the engine.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
The CD changer may suffer from an internal mechanical problem. Replacement of the faulty unit is generally required to correct this issue.
2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG Questions and Answers
I was not told when I bought this car from carmax that the telaid system was useless because the FCC in 2002 from analog to digital, etc. No I have this cell phone in the armrest that is just a pa...
Just got this gem about a week ago, and of course before I could get it inside a hail storm came and put 4 small bulls eye shapped holes in my windsheild. Anyone gone through this and about what d...
Why is the C32AMG mercedes benz made in south africa
I just paid $345.00 service charge at carmax of Napperville,IL where I bought my C320 AMG 4 door sedan yesterday (2-21-2011) to grind down all 4 rotors and the charge of $345.00 was 4.7 hours of la...
I was not told when I bought this car from carmax of Naperville, IL on 9/03/2010 that the Tel-Aid system, which is a service that controls the cell phone, navi updates, emergency services, etc. was...
2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG Reviews
I've had this car (2nd owner) since 2003 and have only 2 gripes. The antenna connection to my radio is fritzed (connector problem, antenna amplifier, broken antenna lead in window, who knows?). The radio has tested fine (COMAND 2.0) and the antenna amp has been replaced by MB. I finally gave up and just strung a wire antenna across the dash and gave up on the fancy Mercedes solution. The radio misses the gain provided by the amplifier but I live in the city so the reception is OK without it.
Also living in Texas makes me wish the AC unit had more oompf. It will cool things down moderately fast but not as quickly as a good US AC unit.
The car goes like a scalded cat and is quiet! Nicest muscle car ride I've ever had.
Great little car in a lot of ways. Excellent power. Terrific handling once one turns off the traction control. Stock it puts out 349hp.
1) MB is the only car manufacturer in the world that cannot make a decent lock actuator. Unlike the electric ones which work for twenty years, the vacuum units on the MB fail regularly. One has to drill out the pop rivets for the airbag to replace the driver's vacuum acuator. Plan to spend $500 to have a shop replace it.
2) The secondary air injector and its relay are very common failure items. Plan to spend $800 to $922 to have a shop replace them.
3) This monster eats rear tires. Six months or six thousand miles is acceptable according to the Costco in Poway, CA, Herb their service manager, and Jacob, the assistant buyer for tires nationwide. $1600 a set.
4) The air dam is low. It is in danger around many curbs and parking lot planters/wheel stops. $2200 with matching paint.
5) The transmission is harsh at 1500 rpm on many of these.
6) High maintenance costs and extremely high repair costs.
7) Brake pads are hard to replace (drift pin design) and the calipers do not come painted from the factory.
8) It is very hard to enjoy and retain a driver's license.
If you have the budget, this car is a monster.